Museum Tour | Exhibit Rooms - Military
Museum Tour - Main |
Museum Exhibit Rooms |
Hallway Exhibits |
Archives Library |
Museum Exhibit Rooms > Military Room |
This room contains military artifacts of Logan County veterans from nearly every American war and military period, including Logan County’s role during the Cold War (664th AC&W Squadron).
Items of interest:
tree stump from the battle of Shiloh, Civil War, 1862, in Tennessee. Rounds embedded in the wood
were determined to be inactive
- military uniforms from WWI to present, including a West Point Cadet uniform
- helmet/hat collection, including helmet from a WWII German officer captured by Audie Murphy
- gun collection
- Veterans’ groups artifacts
- Various Vietnam War artifacts on loan, including POW shackles.
- The Bellefontaine Canteen exhibit includes photographs, text and letters about the canteen that the
wives of the railroad workers and other ladies operated during WWII. The ladies provided soldiers
coming through the county on trains with free food, magazines and cigarettes. During its 45 months of
service the Bellefontaine Canteen served over 700,000 soldiers.